Sooner State Valkyrie Riders
November 21, 2019, 07:49:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Homepage : Photo Albums : VRCC : VRCC BBS : VRCC Tech : Shoptalk : Classifieds
News: Spring is upon us!

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Back from short road trip - AZ, NV, UT  (Read 2098 times)
Gary

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:25:23 PM »

Had a great trip out to Nevada to see the new grand daughter, play with my grandson and be there for my daughters 26th birthday.

Heading out of New Mexico early Thursday was perfect.

The weather was great all the way out until Kingman, AZ where the wind gusts kicked in. I decided to hit the Laughlin rally since I was only about 30 miles or so from the area.

Checked out the bikes, grabbed a cold drink or two, a bite to eat and some Laughlin grandkid outfits and decided to go and see the family since the temps were a little warmer than I was use to.

Made the run up 95 into Vegas with the heat coming in pretty good for April. Bikes were everywhere as were the police.

Got in to Vegas in time for dinner and got to play with my grand kids.
Emma Lee

Jacob

Spent a few days at my daughters. Nick came up from So Cal and we ended up going out to dinner and to a comedy club for my daughters birthday.

Monday early a.m. I headed northeast into Utah for Zion National Park. I couldn't have asked for better weather. Definitely a nice stretch on I-15 between Mesquite and St. George, UT.

I ended up getting the yearly National Park Pass, $80.00 vs the $25.00 gate fee. Here's a few shots from before and into the National Park area. The pictures truly do not show the beauty of this area. Temps running in the mid 50's and mid 60's all day depending on the area.

I headed out of the park and down to hwy 89A, the scenic more northern AZ route back. The north Rim of the Grand Canyon was still closed. I hadn't planned on stopping this trip anyway. I do want to get to Bryce and Glen Canyon Parks in UT one of these days.  Wink

These were taken along 89A:

This is around the Lee's Ferry area - Colorado River

Again, I couldn't have asked for better weather, what a great run!

Total trip: 1453 miles
Average MPG: 28  Grin

Here's a link to much more pic's from the trip:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/571533654kZtyPC
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:06:23 AM by Gary » Logged

Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »

Great writeup and even better pictures as usual Gary.  You get to ride in parts of the country every day that most of us are happy to see once a year.  Enjoy  Smiley 

LadyDraco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »

Great photos !!!  Gary
  Thanks for sharing ...  It brings up so many great memories...

Glad you enjoyed your trip....

Plus getting time to spend with your family !!!

Cool..... Cheesy

TISE
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
it's not the end.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:49 AM »

Great pics and write-up. I always enjoy it when you report in. I'm glad you had a good time.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: