Sooner State Valkyrie Riders
November 21, 2019, 08:24:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Homepage : Photo Albums : VRCC : VRCC BBS : VRCC Tech : Shoptalk : Classifieds
News: Spring is upon us!

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Albuquerque Annual Balloonfest  (Read 1505 times)
Gary

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »

I had never made it to the annual balloonfest here until today. I have never seen these puppies in person before in masses, only on TV or calendars. Last night I told myself I would get up early and make the run. The Mass Ascention kicks off anytime after 7:15 am and its about an hour 40 just to get there from my place.

It was in the low 40's heading out this morning, but nice.  Smiley

Here's a shot from just after O-dark thirty heading down the hill.

I didn't get out of town from Los Alamos until about 6:30 and got there as many were in the air and already cruising around.

What a sight by the way, even from a considerable distance just approaching the area.

Some pretty interesting characters and shapes.

The unfortundate thing... the clouds were pretty thick early this a.m. right over the main area so the colors didn't really pop as good as they could have. Everywhere else it was pretty clear...  Undecided It was pretty cool either way.

I made my way home the back way cutting through The Jemez Mountains along hwy 4. As usual, very nice. Colors still not quite there...

I had to take off my cargo-netted jacket because Tracy won't let me have any excess baggage in my pic's.  Undecided

That's All Folks... hope you like the pics. If you've never made a balloon festival before, it's quite a sight, I'd recommend it.

I

LadyDraco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:12:20 AM »

Great photos as always Gary !!! Wink
We made the BalloonFest. Once in 02 and again in 04....
In 02 we had NO idea it was going on ...  Yes it is truly a site to see...
So many colours and shapes !! Each time we caught it the sky clear !!
Yes a very cool site in deed....

LOL.. You can leave your little roll pack on the back, as that's always on your bike...
It's major packs that are not to be there...

TISE
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
it's not the end.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: