Sooner State Valkyrie Riders
December 08, 2021, 06:46:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Homepage : Photo Albums : VRCC : VRCC BBS : VRCC Tech : Shoptalk : Classifieds
News: Spring is upon us!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Another Valkyrie Relay?  (Read 7322 times)
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »

Did ya'll see this:

http://www.valkyrieforum.com/forum/general.cgi?read=1147707

We're looking into doing another relay across North America via the ever popular Valkyrie.

I told them Oklahoma would represent.  What say ye?

Allow me to take you back in time for a moment.  

I really tried to wimp out last time because it was so cold.  But that dang Blackjack kept replying to my emails saying: "I'll be there, no matter what".  Bless you John, because of you I couldn't wimp out and that day forged some great friendships.

Were you there when Jim asked the hitchhiker if he needed a ride, when it was roughly 20° outside?  

Were you there when Tim was laying on the ground, boots off, warming his feet on the valve covers?

Were you there when the Geese were walking on the ice?

Good times I tell ya, good times!  What say we do it again, and take some new folks along with us?

-Scott

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers."
RumbleBee

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »

Count me in Scott. I would be proud to be a part of that again. That was an experience, and alot of fun.
I think Gary wore a tshirt the 2nd day, to Arkansas it had warmed up to 28 dgrees.... :shock:

n excuse is a thin slice of falsehood stretched tightly over a boldface lie.
Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 10:32:38 PM »

Lets see if I remember this right.  I started the day out with waffles and meeting some new friends.  For lunch I had catfish and saw more Valkyries lined up than I had ever seen before. We then finished the day out eating Mexican and having a couple of Coronas with new friends.  

Hell yes I'm ready to do it all over again!!!

Scott, you forgot to mention that poor lady in Asher that kept all of us from getting tickets.

LadyDraco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »

Great photos Scott!! Thanks for sharing...
Our Hammer run in Va. Was in May ~It was great I had a blast.....Our WV hand off was raining to beat the band,only a few showed up.....
   I hope we can make it for this one ..

We just might not be around at the timefor this one...Big plans on our end .No haven't told anyone yet..

TISE
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
it's not the end.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:03:56 AM »

I'm in. I got a big kick out of the whole thing. I remember that after the first Hammer Run I felt like I had accomplished something, although I wasn't quite sure what.

I tried to explain to other people what we had done, but in return I just got blank stares.

I just hope this time Oklahoma will get a warmer time of year for our part of the run. Scott: Now that you have "insider" influence maybe you'll pull some strings.
Gryphon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »

I wasn't around for the first one, but you can count me in for this time.  It's good to see Oklahoma so well represented.  I'm not sure which direction it is coming from or going, but Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas are all just a short run from where I live.  Looking forward to my first relay.  

Gryphon

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche
VRCCDS0129
Goose
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »

This sounds like a great plan.

I think each leg of the relay should be accomplished by a Valk, however, I could help on the east side of the state if needed.

I’d like to show my support and ride along with everyone if nothing else, that is, if a Wing is acceptable for this relay.
 :lol:
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 03:03:13 PM »

Most likely we will be accepting the token item (A Mug from Valhalla) from the state of Texas, and passing it along to the folks in Arkansas.  Just like last time.  The southern states must go first, since it is warmer here in general than say.....Maine this time of year.  So...we'll probably get to make another nice cool run.  Personally, I've got electric clothing now...so I'm game. Cheesy

Goose, you are always welcome on that rolling Barcalounger.

I'll update as we know more.

-Scott

Gary

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 06:54:21 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"

Were you there when Jim asked the hitchhiker if he needed a ride, when it was roughly 20° outside? This one I can't recall  :oops:

Were you there when Tim was laying on the ground, boots off, warming his feet on the valve covers? Yup, I still can't believe no one got any pictures...  :evil:

Were you there when the Geese were walking on the ice? Yup

-Scott

Here's a coupla more shots I dug up. There's even a couple where it almost looks like Scott is smilin?  :shock:

Thors Hammer Run 2004

Goose
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »

Gary said:
There's even a couple where it almost looks like Scott is smilin?

I believe Scott was grimacing from the Sun.  Cheesy
RumpStun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 08:21:32 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
---> The southern states must go first, since it is warmer here in general than say..... Cheesy
-Scott

No can start here - its getting down into the lower 60's- been having to close lanai doors and windows - cover up with sheet even..
 Cool

RumpStun is a 2000 Standard with its SideHack "Blackie"

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
SENATOR CORNELIUS TACITUS
A.D. 56 or 57 - about A.D. 117
stovepipe

167546708 dadypipe57 stovpipe2
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 08:49:49 PM »

scott do you have any details on what date/s this relay is and times to meet and where, and route it would be?
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 10:34:12 PM »

Quote from: "stovepipe"
scott do you have any details on what date/s this relay is and times to meet and where, and route it would be?

No, I don't have that information at this time.  The relay hasn't started yet, and we're in the process of finalizing a rough schedule and states in order.  I'll let ya know when I know more.

-Scott

RumbleBee

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »

We would be the RE-popcycled 6 if the current temps are involved...... :shock:  but ...we could handle it. Astronaut lookin bikers gets alot of stares.
It was 16 here in Yukon early this morning.

n excuse is a thin slice of falsehood stretched tightly over a boldface lie.
BIGMACACE

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 08:57:56 AM »

Count us in. Just let us know when so I can arrange the time off.
BTW, how do you do it? Does everyone meet in one place or do you pick up folks as you ride across the state?
And I'm glad it's not planned for this morning, it's still 14* here at 9:00AM !!! BBUURRRRR!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: