Sooner State Valkyrie Riders
February 25, 2020, 09:48:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Homepage : Photo Albums : VRCC : VRCC BBS : VRCC Tech : Shoptalk : Classifieds
News: Spring is upon us!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Meers Run Route - March 27  (Read 13524 times)
Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« on: March 20, 2004, 11:11:09 PM »

Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas for the Meers Run.  I thought we could leave the IHOP on Meridian at 9:00 AM and meet the Western OK group in Weatherford at about 10:00.  We could go south on 54 to 152 go east to 115 then south to Meers.  How is Hwy 115,  on the map it seems to have a quite a few curves for a road in western Oklahoma?  If it is to early to eat we could go east at Meers to Hwy 58 then south alongside the lake to Hwy 49 and then enter the refuge.   I was thinking that on the way home we could go thru Weatherford or Clinton up to Hwy 33 and stay on it to Kingfisher and then back to OKC.
  Feel free to offer any sugesstions,  I have only been to WMWR once before and that was in a cage.

Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 11:25:14 PM »

We could also go down thru Anadarko and Apache and then meet Scott and Co at Meers.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 06:39:29 PM »

I like the OKC to Weatherford to Meers route. I've traveled this route many times, but it's been a long time since I last used this route. I remember it as being a good trip with a few curves, small towns and very little traffic. However, any route is fine with me.
Donnie McCall
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 10:23:05 PM »

Do you have any idea how many miles this trip is?  Where is the place at Ok. City ?  What exit ?  I'll try to go. If you will tell where to meet you in Chandler. How about Jack Gas Up? I'm from Davenport. Later Donnie and Terri
RumbleBee

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 10:27:33 PM »

What about after meeting at IHOP  -  I40 west to Mustang Rd or Hwy 92 south, then 152 west all the way to 115 south and possibly meeting the 'western boys' at say Mountain View and we all head south together?

Just a suggestion, but I40's not a fun travel and 152 is a little scenic past Union City.
Mountain View looks like a one store town maybe, couldnt go wrong with a meeting place there. Just coordinating the time...

Any route will work for me also though.

RumbleBee

n excuse is a thin slice of falsehood stretched tightly over a boldface lie.
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 10:44:30 PM »

Quote from: "Rumblebee"
Mountain View looks like a one store town maybe, couldnt go wrong with a meeting place there.

It is a one store town, but its a convenience store of one flavor or another and a fine place for us western okies to have a cup of coffee while we wait for ya's......  

Totally up to you guys...we can meet wherever. Smiley

Quote from: "Donnie"
Do you have any idea how many miles this trip is?

Roughly 120 miles from OKC to Meers.

For those that don't know where I-40 and Meridian ave. is....its at Exit 145 as you go west from OKC on I-40.

-Scott

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers."
Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 06:32:45 AM »

Doonie    Lets meet at Jacks 7:30 Saturday morning.  The IHOP I was referring to is at Meridian and I-40 on the west side of town.  I would not be surprised if we ride 300 to 400 miles total on Saturday.

RumbleBee

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 10:31:06 AM »

Understanding that this is Oklahoma and predicting the weather 6 days out is not real logical  -   weather.com   and   accuweather.com  for 73062 zip code have the weather between 70 and 80, mostly cloudy, 10% chance rain - NOT BAD as of now......

RumbleBee

n excuse is a thin slice of falsehood stretched tightly over a boldface lie.
JOE

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 08:23:36 PM »

I agree with RumbleBee, I'd rather take the back roads and enjoy the ride!  

JOE

ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING"-BURKE
Donnie McCall
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 09:43:07 PM »

I'm not going to make it saturday my wife works until noon or later. Don't wait for us at Jacks. Maybe we can make it to Robbers cave.
later Donnie
TwoGuns

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 04:06:54 PM »

Hello fellow Dragon riders! I live in Anadarko! Wanting to know if anyone is from around this area! I'd like to meet up with you somewhere for the Saturday ride! It will be good to see the friends I've made in the past and hopefully make some new friends Saturday! Let's ride![/b]

f at first you don't succeed,keep on sucking till you do sucK SEED!!
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 04:43:52 PM »

TwoGuns,

Right now I'm not sure of the route the OKC group will be taking but assuming they go down 152...Gary and I plan to meet them in Mountain View.  You can slide on over and meet up with us there if you like.  I figure if they leave at 9am, that should put them in Mtn. View around 10-10:30.....  If they go a different route you can just ride down with us.  

-Scott

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers."
Donnie
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 06:38:13 PM »

Hope you all have a good trip saturday and don't get wet.  Be careful and safe.
W0QNX

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 07:42:30 PM »

At this point I am planning to ride down from Wichita and meet up with the OKC Valk riders. Weather is the biggest factor. If it looks like sprinkles i will be there, if it looks like hail storms I'm staying home.

I will check here again Friday evening and hopefully you all will have a definite meeting point for me to catch you guys.

My cell is 316-650-2087.

Anyone who is going to be there have a cell number I can have in case I don't find you?
Raymond in Wichita (Kansas)

aymond
Andover, Kansas
Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2004, 10:09:32 PM »

I agree with Rumblebee,  let's meet at the IHOP on Meridian and I-40.  We should be ready to leave at 9:00 AM,  we will go west on I-40 to Mustang Rd.  south to Hwy 152 then west to HWY 115 then south to Mountain View.  I believe it is about 85 miles to Moutain View.  According to Yahoo Yellow Pages there is only one gas station in town,  Dirickson Texaco & Car Wash at 202 E Main St.  I think we could meet the Western gang there between 10:30 and 10:45.  Here is a link to maps showing the location of the IHOP and the gas station in Mountain View.

IHOP
http://ihop.know-where.com/ihop/cgi/site?site=01490&address=#map1

Dirickson Texaco
Map for Texaco

If anybody has any questions, please feel free to call me.  Cell 405.258.8432  Home  405.258.2195

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: