Sooner State Valkyrie Riders
October 19, 2021, 08:03:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Homepage : Photo Albums : VRCC : VRCC BBS : VRCC Tech : Shoptalk : Classifieds
News: Spring is upon us!

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: vandalism...or just my dumb luck  (Read 3438 times)
sumoslam62

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 04:22:32 PM »

HEY ALL!!
Well, it makes me sick to think someone vandalized my Valk but alas I believe it happened...at the best place in the world no less....WAL MART!  I ran in this afternoon to return a couple items and was inside ~20 minutes.  I come out and find it difficult to insert the ignition key.  I look down and see a spring and some white plastic hanging out of the ignition.  Looks like someone has taken a screw driver and tried to "jimmy" the ignition.  GRRR.....

Could this just be a failure??

I played with it and after pulling the spring out got my key to insert fully and turn the ignition and start her up and ride home.  The inside mechanisms look to be FUBAR.  I also noticed that the rt side bag lock is screwed...cant get it to open at all.  I can stil turn the ignition...but no telling how long that will last.

Looks like I am going to be replacing some items.  Can I get a set with a matching key...or am i screwed on that?

SuMo

SuMo
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 07:18:40 AM »

Small consolation but I found a deep gouge in my right saddlebag within a week after buying my Valkyrie. I never figured out who did it or even where it happened. When this kind of stuff happens it's sickening and then infuriating. But there's nobody to get mad at. Sorry it had to happen to you.
LadyDraco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:40:32 AM »

Dang that SUCKS Big time  Angry !!!! I'm sorry to hear that Sumo !!!
But in todays world ..
We all might find this crap happening more and more..
People trying to steal more and more due to hard times...
And making OUR lives messed up !!!

TISE
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
it's not the end.
sumoslam62

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »

Thanks guys.  It does chap me that this kinda stuff happens.  I can't think of a reason for people to be that way other than jealousy.  Oh well.  Will see what I can come up with on HDL for replacements.

Have a good one!

SuMo

SuMo
Russell

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »

SuMo, I checked my parts bin and the only thing I have is a gas cap with a key. Sorry I could not be more help.
Russell
stovepipe

167546708 dadypipe57 stovpipe2
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »

check on E-bay i have seen whole locksets on there before from places parting out valks
i had been looking for a I/S ignition switch so i had a ACC position to play me radio
my stock switch went out in Jul just as leaving on a trip so just ordered a new I/S switch new
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: