Sooner State Valkyrie Riders
September 22, 2018, 07:27:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Homepage : Photo Albums : VRCC : VRCC BBS : VRCC Tech : Shoptalk : Classifieds
News: Spring is upon us!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: March 11th Spring Wrench/Tech Party  (Read 11417 times)
Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:23:56 AM »

How does March 11th sound for a Wrench Party, weather permitting of course.  I will be going to the darkside that weekend.  I also bought a Audiovox cruise control that I want to get installed before Inzane.  Anybody else have ideas or plans for there Valk?

*edited by scott*

Date: March 11
Time: 10am - ??

Directions

From the intersection of I-44 and SH-18 go north 5/10's of a mile. There will be a sign with arrows pointing left (west) to the golf course and lake. Turn west on Lake Road. Follow that road thru two sweeping right curves for 2.3 miles. Just past the boat dock when the road turns to the west again, go straight (follow golf course sign) for 4/10's of a mile. Turn left at the Woodlake Estates subdivision entrance (gravel road) and go to the end (1/8 mile) and turn right on Hickory Lane. My home is the third one on the left. 3505 East Hickory Lane

*end edit*

RumbleBee

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 01:05:38 PM »

Saturday March 11 sounds good to me.....

My fork seals that were changed out by Maxeys last August were leaking by September. They told me because I brought in my own seals (from VMC) and not bought through Honda that they would give me a break $$ on changing them to Honda seals. Which at this point I am willing to do.
They also put in the Progresive springs I bought from VMC at the same time. I have since bought a set of fork seals from Honda but have not taken the bike back to Maxeys to have them put these on for another fee.
If we could change these I would feel more confident I think and I know Scott is freshly schooled on this from his pre-Colorado trip last summer.

I would also like to change out my spline grease before InZane. I had my back tire put on June 05 and he showed me there was plenty of grease - but this is the original grease, pretty nasty looking. Should I leave well enough alone on that?

n excuse is a thin slice of falsehood stretched tightly over a boldface lie.
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 03:36:33 PM »

Sounds good to me Jim.  Lets just plan on it until the weather or something else gets in the way.

Tim, I think those fork seals will be a bit much for a wrench party.  The spline lube is no problem...we can do that, and change the final drive oil at the same time.

I need to do a carb sync and will probably get the stuff to do it.  If I can get that figured out beforehand we can probably do a few carb syncs as well.

You fellas and your car tires....  :roll:

-Scott

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers."
Valker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 07:45:55 PM »

I want to hook up driving lights, new fuse panel, fork springs...not too sure how much I could do. I'll try to see if I can come over to access knowledge... :shock:

May you live all the days of your life" Jonathan Swift
RumbleBee

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 08:52:29 AM »

Thats fine Scott. I didnt know if that would be feasible or not, but I know its a project I wont tackle. Maxey's is actually responsible on this fork seal thing anyway, I will be calling them.

Speaking of the gear oil, I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and all they had was 80-90 Pennzoil, in synthetic. I bought it but thought I would check with you guys before using this. Will using the 80w matter? Supposed to use 75-90.....they had 2 other 80-90s but they were not synthetic. Pennzoils not an oil I would have preferred but for gear oil maybe ok.

n excuse is a thin slice of falsehood stretched tightly over a boldface lie.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 01:05:58 PM »

I'm pretty well up to date on maintenance right now. Maybe by March 11th something will have come up on the schedule. In any case, I plan to be there to help however I can, and to see everyone. Looking forward to it.
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 01:47:34 PM »

Rumblebee,

I am using that Penzoil Synthetic, 75-90w.  I'd say the 80-90 would be fine if you can't find the other.

Valker, if you can make it over we'd be happy to help you out bro.  Thats a long ride from Pampa!

-Scott

Valker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 08:10:43 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"

Valker, if you can make it over we'd be happy to help you out bro.  Thats a long ride from Pampa!

-Scott

Where, exactly, will you be having this? I am only about 3 1/2 hours from OKC. :shock:

May you live all the days of your life" Jonathan Swift
Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »

Valker,  
  The wrench party will be at my house in Chandler.  My address is 3505 East Hickory Lane.  I will post some directions before the party.  The "official" start time will be 10 AM but I will be here if you get here earlier.

BIGMACACE

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 06:18:10 AM »

Hey Jim, thanks for the heads up early enough for me to try to get the day off. This is my plan if I can make it.

Before I come:

1. Change the plugs
2. Put the stock pipes back on
3. Change oil and filter

What I'd like to do while there is:

1. The ECD Mod (change air filter while the tanks off)
2. Change clutch, brake and drive fluid
3. Sync the carbs (since I don't have the guages).
4. Wire a cig lighter plug for 12 volt power outlet (for phone, radio etc.)

I know I will be the new kid on the block and ya'll may not have time to help me, but I'd sure like to show up if I can just to watch and meet a few of you guys.
Donnie McCall

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 12:12:10 PM »

I'll try to get buy this time to meet you'all. I need to replace my air filter for sure. I'll also try to bring some help. ( My oldest son ) Probably need to change my brake and clutch fluids. Hope to see you all then.
zenindian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 10:06:04 PM »

It has been a long time since I posted, and even longer since I went on a very long trip.

Would y'all mind if I dropped by to say hi and maybe help if you need it, I think my scooter doesnt need anything right now, but a ride would be nice

It will depend on the weather of course

8 Valk Tourer, black
Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »

Would y'all mind if I dropped by to say hi and maybe help if you need it, I think my scooter doesnt need anything right now, but a ride would be nice

No problem at all, everybody here is welcome.  Some new ideas and helping hands would be helpful as well.

Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »

Jim, would you add some text directions to your original post at the top?  For example, explaining where to make each turn with the turnpike as a reference?

-Scott

Jim_Orr

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »

Jim, would you add some text directions to your original post at the top? For example, explaining where to make each turn with the turnpike as a reference?

I will get them up this evening.

Scott, you mentioned you were going to de-smog your Valk,  which method are you going to use.  This the link to QueXpress version, http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/desmog.htm and this is the link to LaMonster's way. http://www.f6rider.com/Lamont/two_bros.htm.  I have bought a Audiovox cruise control and when I install it I will de-smog mine at the same time.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: